At LMVSC, we feel the winter season is great opportunity for our players to continue their development with increased touches on the ball, while maintaining peak fitness.
In order to provide an elite level environment, teams have been encouraged to participate in local futsal leagues for competitive matches. In addition, our fields will likely be filled on the weekend with many scrimmages planned!
For player safety, players are REQUIRED to have the proper attire. Sweatpants, jacket, neck gaiter, Under Armour-style cold gear, hat, gloves, etc are permitted during winter months. In addition, our coaches have been asked to follow the procedures below:
- Fields are CLOSED if:
- FCPS closes school, or closes early, due to inclement weather (including gym use)
- Snow is present on any part of the turf field. No snow removal is permitted on turf
- When the wind chill is higher than 33′, training may take place as scheduled
- When the wind chill is slightly below 32′, training may be canceled by coach OR training time may be altered (i.e. 60 minute session)
- When the wind chill falls below 25′, training for the Club will be canceled
Comments are closed.