In order for teams to conduct practice, teams must comply with the following. Failure to comply with State and County guidelines could lead to LMVSC losing its use of Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) gyms. As a result, we require 100% compliance with LMVSC COVID Protocols; teams not adhering to LMVSC COVID procedures will lose their opportunity to practice.
- At least one COVID Parent must be present at practice.
- Nobody other than players, coaches and COVID Parents can be present at practices. Parents and siblings must remain in their cars outside in the parking lot.
- Teams are limited to one 1-hour practices per week.
- Only one team can be on the court at one time. This means no scrimmages with other teams.
- There will be a 15-minute gap between practices.
- If a team is in the gym prior to your team’s practice, the COVID Parent for your team should come to the gym to monitor when the prior team has fully exited the gym. Once the prior team has exited the gym, the COVID Parent will alert the team that they can come into the gym.
- All players, coaches and COVID Parents on duty must be pre-screened prior to entering the gym for practice.
- Players must wear masks while entering and exiting practice. Coaches and COVID Parents must wear masks during the entirety of practice.
- Prior to entering and exiting, each players must use hand sanitizer to wash their hands.
- Players should bring their own hand sanitizer and basketball if they have one. Players must bring their own water.
- Players must set up their gear at least 6 feet apart.
- No sharing of water bottles or equipment, except that basketballs may be shared but only as directed by the Coach.
- Player should bring their uniform jerseys to practice since LMVSC will not be providing pinnies.
- It is not clear whether the water fountains will be in use, but no one should use the water fountains.
- Players must not touch Coaches’ equipment.
- Coaches’ equipment should be disinfected at the end of every practice. During water breaks, basketballs should be sanitized.
- Players’ equipment should be disinfected at the end of every practice.
- Players and Coaches must leave the gym as soon as equipment has been sanitized.
Comments are closed.