Join the Team
Travel Soccer Coach:
The LMVSC Travel Soccer Program includes nearly 40 Travel teams from U9-U18 of varying abilities. We are a community-based Club, which is conveniently located in Alexandria, VA in eastern Fairfax County. We are a Member Club of the Club Champions League (CCL NextGen, CCL Premiership, CCL Championship & CCL PRO23) and NCSL.
Primary duties include:
- Lead 2 – 3 weekly training seasons during Fall/Spring seasons. Teams typically train during the Summer and Winter but less frequently (based on the age and competitive level)
- Game Day preparation and team management at games/tournaments
- Complete player evaluations
- Conduct/lead/support age group tryouts
- Attend internal staff training, meetings and have an interest for continued professional development (Club does offer Coaching Education Reimbursement)
Ideal candidate qualities include:
- Coaching philosophy and style consistent with club environment (emphasis on a holistic development, both as a player and as a person)
- Good communication skills, email and use of Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic about soccer and ability to teach young players
- Ability to represent LMVSC in a responsible and professional manner
- Able to work independently and as a member of the team
- Coaching license/certificate (notably US Soccer, United Soccer Coaches or equivalent) OR willing to pursue professional development opportunities
- Previous Travel coaching experience.
Competitive salary in conjunction with experience and qualifications. Additional opportunities (camps, clinics, training programs, etc.) may be available depending on staffing needs. Coaches must pass a background check.
Interested candidates should submit their resume (CV) to Jon Norem, Director of Travel and Coaches: firstname.lastname@example.org