Lee Mount Vernon Sports Club Seeking
Travel Soccer Coaches
The LMVSC Travel Soccer Program includes nearly 40 Travel teams from U9-U18 of varying abilities. We are a community-based Club, which is conveniently located in Alexandria, VA in eastern Fairfax County. We are a Member Club of the Club Champions League (CCL NextGen, CCL Premiership, CCL Championship & CCL PRO23), NCSL, and EDP.
Primary duties include:
- Lead 2 – 3 weekly training seasons during Fall/Spring seasons. Teams typically train during the Summer and Winter but less frequently (based on the age and competitive level)
- Game Day preparation and team management at games/tournaments
- Complete player evaluations
- Conduct/lead/support age group tryouts
- Attend internal staff training, meetings and have an interest for continued professional development (Club does offer Coaching Education Reimbursement)
Ideal candidate qualities include:
- Coaching philosophy and style consistent with club environment (emphasis on a holistic development, both as a player and as a person)
- Good communication skills, email and use of Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic about soccer and ability to teach young players
- Ability to represent LMVSC in a responsible and professional manner
- Able to work independently and as a member of the team
- Coaching license/certificate (notably US Soccer, United Soccer Coaches or equivalent) OR willing to pursue professional development opportunities
- Previous Travel coaching experience.
Competitive salary in conjunction with experience and qualifications. Additional opportunities (camps, clinics, training programs, etc.) may be available depending on staffing needs. Coaches must pass a background check.
Interested candidates should submit their resume (CV) to Fabien Lewis, LMVSC Technical Director: FabienLewisTD@lmvsc.org
Director of Basketball
Lee Mount Vernon Sports Club, (LMVSC) a professionally managed and volunteer supported youth sports club located in Alexandria, Virginia, is seeking a Basketball Director of a well-established recreational basketball program. LMVSC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to promote health and wellness by creating a fun, competitive, and educational environment while offering an infrastructure so every child within our diverse community, may be afforded the opportunity to participate in organized sports.
Director of Basketball
The Director of Basketball is a exempted position with non-standard hours. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with LMVSC Program Directors.
Management Experience: Prefer applicant with program management experience. Familiarity of the basketball league structure, and basketball rules.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- The ability to work independently and to manage activities and volunteers as required.
- The ability to interact positively with players, parents, and staff.
- Must be proficient or at least familiar with registration databases platforms, demosphere,
Primary Responsibilities Strategic Planning:
- Provide the leadership, vision, and philosophy for the LMVSC Recreation Soccer program.
- Develop and implement methods to promote program growth, safety, member satisfaction and member retention through program participation and facility excellence.
- Annually evaluation of the Basketball program, the structure, rules, policies, and procedures for the LMVSC Basketball program, making recommendations for improvements to better meet the needs of members and the community.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to grow and expand the LMVSC Basketball program.
- Works in collaboration with Marketing in efforts to maximize enrollments and program participation.
- Attend regularly scheduled Staff meetings.
- Maintain high recreation-to-travel membership conversion by working with coaches to help identify players that could play in travel basketball and or coaches interested in coaching travel basketball. Ensure parents are notified of the opportunity and provide information about the program.
- Recruit Player Directors and refine the recreation structure, as necessary.
- Conduct pre-season meetings with all coaches and staff.
- Manage time effectively and balance the demands of the regular club schedule – practices, clinics, games & tournaments – with the managerial and strategic work required of the position.
- Work closely with LMVSC Staff to facilitate the operation of quality basketball programs and scheduling needs.
- The Director is expected to promptly address issues or concerns that are escalated from feedback, complaints or suggestions from players, parents, coaches, other members or interested parties within a 48 hour period.
- Ensure timely communication of all scheduling and updates to members.
Administration Supervise and Coordinate:
- Ensure compliance with SafeSport.
- The creation and assignment of practice and game schedules
- Submitting the game schedule to the referee assignor ensuring that there is adequate referee coverage.
- Provide and support education for coaches,
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Must have permission to work in US (US Work permit, Green Card Holder, US Passport)
To Apply: Please send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to Lula Bauer, LMVSC Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org