HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR FLAG FOOTBALL?
Internet online registration – REGISTER
DO I NEED TO REGISTER EARLY?
Yes. Registering early provides a better chance for placement close to home.
DOES LMVSC OFFER FINANCIAL AID?
Yes. Financial Aid is available on request to players that qualify for Fairfax County Free or Reduced-price school lunches and/or on Medicaid. First child will pay the base fee according to age group of:
|1st Grade (Rookie)||$40.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|2nd Grade (Rookie)||$40.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|3rd Grade (Starter)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|4th Grade (Starter)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|5th Grade (All Pros)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|6th Grade (All Pros)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|7th, 8th & 9th Grade (Hall of Famers)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|10th – 12th Grade (Legends)||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
- Siblings: More than one child shall pay $15.00 plus $8.00 County Fees per additional child per family.
- Submitting Financial Aid Documents: If applying for the reduced scholarship fee, when registering online please select the “Apply for Financial Aid” payment option, then scan or take a picture of accepted documents (Current Free/Reduced Lunch Letter or Medicaid Card) and send them via email to Jessie Gore, email@example.com. Please include in the email the following information: (1) Full Names of the children in which you are applying for scholarships; (2) Name of the program that your children are registered for.
- Payment: Once your child has been approved for the reduced scholarship fee, you can log into your account and pay via credit card. All checks and Money Orders must be made out to: “LMVSC” and sent to the club’s mailing address: P.O. Box 10202, Alexandria, VA 22310
WHICH DIVISIONS ARE CO-ED?
LMVSC’s Flag Football is all co-ed divisions.
HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE TO START PLAYING FLAG FOOTBALL?
For LMVSC’s youngest Flag Football division, Rookies, your child must be in 1st grade on or prior to start of the season.
ARE CHILDREN PLACED ON A TEAM BASED ON THEIR AGE OR GRADE?
Players are placed on teams based on their age for Kindergarten. Players are placed on teams based on grade for 1st grade through 8th. Players who are older (e.g., have been held back in school one or more years) may, with prior approval from the league, play in the division appropriate for their age. Such requests must be made separately in writing by e-mail (Director@lmvsc.org) or letter (LMVSC, P.O. Box 10202, Alexandria, VA 22310). No other exceptions will be made.
WHAT IF I WANT MY CHILD TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS OR WITH A CERTAIN COACH?
Unless you indicate otherwise, we will use your local elementary school for first priority in placement. On your child’s registration form there is a “Special Request” section. Please specify any preferences with respect to coach, friends or school area. However, keep in mind that teams are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and players who register earlier have priority. In addition, since all divisions encompass more than one grade level, teams have to be balanced in terms of grade level. Thus, special requests may not be able to be honored in all cases.
WHAT IF MY CHILD ATTENDS A DIFFERENT SCHOOL?
If your child attends a private school or a special program at a public school that is not the closest one, simply indicate the closest local public elementary school or private school you want us to use for placement under Special Requests.
WHAT ARE DIVISIONS?
- Rookie Division – 1st and 2nd Grade
- Starter – 3rd and 4th Grade
- All Pros – 5th and 6th Grade
- Hall of Fame – 7th, 8th, and 9th Grade
- Legends – 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade
Note: Fairfax County allows some overlap for school registration in August/September.
HOW DO I VERIFY THAT MY CHILD IS REGISTERED?
If you registered online, you will receive an e-mail verification. You can also log into your Member Account and select “My Profile Dashboard“, then click “Household Information Tab“, then click “View Registration Order History” to see if your child’s registration was completed.
If you registered via the postal service, you will receive an email from your child’s coach on or after the scheduled coach’s meeting for all Divisions. Please view the Club’s Calendar schedule HERE for the date of the coach’s meeting and allow 5-6 days after the meeting for your child’s coach to contact you.
HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT TEAM MY CHILD IS ON?
LMVSC player directors are often working until the day of the coaches’ meeting to form teams. Your child’s coach will contact you after he or she is given the team roster at the coaches’ meeting.
WHEN WILL I HEAR FROM MY CHILD'S COACH?
Please view the Club’s Calendar schedule HERE for the date of the coach’s meeting and allow 5-6 days after the meeting for your child’s coach to contact you.
WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?
Please view the Club’s Calendar schedule HERE for the date of the first weekend of Flag Football.
HOW MANY PRACTICES IS MY CHILD EXPECTED TO ATTEND?
All players will practice one day a week.
WILL THERE EVER BE GAMES SCHEDULED ON SUNDAYS?
Games are more commonly played on Saturday’s. However, there typically will be some games scheduled on Sunday especially during the Fall season. Based on field allocations received from the County and the number of teams to schedule, your child’s team may play on one or two Sunday’s. Also, if games are cancelled due to rain or unplayable field conditions, LMVSC may re-schedule games on Sunday’s. Finally, during the playoffs, in order to fit all games into a single weekend, there may be games on Friday evenings as well.
WILL I BE GUARANTEED DAY(S) AND TIMES FOR MY CHILD’S PRACTICE?
LMVSC’s coaches are volunteers. Your child’s coach will determine what day and time works best for the coach’s work schedule. We do not guarantee days and times for your child’s practices.
WHEN WILL I KNOW ABOUT PRACTICE SCHEDULE TIME AND PLACE?
Unfortunately, we have no way to determine practice days and times for a particular team until after the coach’s meetings. Coaches select practice locations and times at the same time as they get their rosters. Fairfax County allocates a limited number of practice fields to LMVSC teams, generally in late February for the spring season, and late August for the fall season. Although we form teams based on school locations, we don’t necessarily receive every school field for practice. Our volunteer coaches usually sign up for the closest field available that meets with their personal work schedules, based on the list of available locations they receive at the Coach’s meeting. Please know that we try very hard to make it as convenient to parents as we possibly can by matching players with a coach who is located in the same area.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES MY CHILD NEED TO PLAY FLAG FOOTBALL?
- Uniform – Your player will be provided a reversible jersey and flag belt. A payment of $40.00 must be made to the club for any lost jerseys.
- Mouth Guards are required for all Flag Football players. Players will not be permitted to play in games without a mouth guard.
- Cleats/shoes – cleats or turf shoes are not required but encouraged. Wet grass or turf is hard to navigate in sneakers or regular running shoes. Soccer cleats are usually fine for players in the rookies and Starters Divisions. Baseball (metal) Cleats and shoes with a cleat at the front are not allowed. Be on the lookout for a pre-season cleat exchange date from the club.
WHAT SIZE JERSEY SHOULD I PUT DOWN FOR MY CHILD?
Please enter the standard size that your player would wear in a T-shirt, as the size to order for their jersey on their player application.
WHEN ARE GAMES USUALLY PLAYED?
Games are usually played on Saturday’s. Some regular season and most make-up games may be played on Sunday’s. During the playoff weekend, games may be scheduled on Friday evening.
Comments are closed.