Lee Mount Vernon Sports Club is committed to creating a professional and successful coaching mentorship program which will provide coaching candidates in-person, real-time training with experienced professional soccer coaches. Candidates will be observed and assessed by the Club’s Technical staff which will help with candidate’s travel team assignment. Upon completion of the program, candidates are eligible to sit for the Grassroots Coaching License sponsored by the Club.
The Coaching Mentorship program is one more component of LMVSCs commitment to Long‐Term Player Development under the guidance of Fabien Lewis, Director of Coaching and Lee Chang, Technical Director
The Candidate will be assigned to a Head Mentor Coach.
The Head Mentor Coach will:
- Deliver the LMVSC Coaching Mentorship Program
- Ensure the candidate fulfills their responsibilities and commitment as outlined.
- Offer professional guidance and support, while also providing detailed feedback.
- Week 1 – Orientation of developing lesson plans, microcycles, mesocycles & macrocycles
- Week 2 – Observe 2 training sessions (active observation)
- Week 3 – Develop lesson plan (and conduct team warm up)
- Week 4 – Develop lesson plan (and participate in training session)
- Week 5 – Develop lesion plan (and participate in training session)
- Week 6 – Warm up team at game (and active observation)
- Week 7 – Warm up team (and co-coach game)
- Week 8 – Warm up team (and co-coach game)
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Goal and Objective:
- To develop a hands-on, real-time mentorship program for candidates aspiring to become professional travel soccer coaches.
- Provide professional coaching licensing.
- Identify potential coaching staff
- Continue enhancing the Club’s commitment to Long‐Term Player Development
- To prepare candidates through quality real-time, in-person mentoring.
- To create a supportive learning environment culture
- Expose LMVSC players to different coaches, nurturing their growth and development through soccer.
- To prepared coaches for licensing.
- Increase the number of licensed coaches.
APPLY TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAM
CRITERIA TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE PROGRAM:
- Successfully demonstrated how to manage training session on their own.
- Successfully demonstrated they understanding club philosophy.
- Successful demonstrated how to manage a match.
- Successfully demonstrated how to manage parent and lead team.
The Candidate must:
- 18 years+ – Open to Men & Women
- Have access to their own transportation.
- Commit to a minimum of 7 weeks (but understand mentorship is an ongoing process).
- Provide a letter of interest.
- Upon acceptance, must complete a background check.
- Upon acceptance, must complete a Sexual Abuse Awareness Training.
Must complete the below Coaching Mentorship Application. Upon completion, you will be contacted by a Club Director.
Comments are closed.