HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR RECREATIONAL BASKETBALL?
Attention: New Registration Platform for our Basketball Programs!
When registering your player for recreational basketball, please note that this platform differs from our previous registration databases. Below are some helpful tips on using our new registration site:
(1) After selecting the “Register Here” button, please select the “Member Login” tab under the LMVSC logo.
(2) When creating a member login for the first time, be sure that your password contains an Upper Case letter, a lower case letter, a number and a special character. Please be sure that your password is eight characters in length.
(3) Continue following the instructions on registering yourself and your children into the registration system.
(4) Registration for summer recreational basketball will be based on the player’s grade during the 2017-18 school year.
(5) You will be able to pay by check, credit card or electronic check. If you are applying or a scholarship, please indicate that you are paying by check and please forward all necessary documents to Jessie Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will adjust your balance and you will then be able to pay the reduced fee online.
Should you have any questions about this or need assistance, please feel free to reach out to Jessie Gore, email@example.com.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER EARLY?
DOES LMVSC OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
Players approved for sholarship shall pay a reduced registration fee of:
|Mini Dribblers (U5-U6)||$25.00|
|Division D Grades 1 & 2||$40.00|
|Division C Grades 3 & 4||$40.00|
|Division B Grades 5 & 6||$40.00|
|Division A Grades 7 & 8||$40.00|
|Division AA Grades 9 & 10||$40.00|
|Division AA Grades 11 & 12||$40.00|
More than one child shall pay $10.00 plus $5.50 County Fees per additional child per family.
Please note that there are no mini-dribblers nor high school divisions during the summer recreation season.
WHICH DIVISIONS ARE CO-ED?
HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE TO START PLAYING BASKETBALL?
Instead, for the summer recreational season, players who attended kindergarten during the 2017-18 school year may register for the D Division. This does NOT apply for the winter recreational season.
ARE CHILDREN PLACED ON A TEAM BASED ON THEIR AGE OR GRADE?
SPECIAL REQUEST - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
WHAT IF MY CHILD ATTENDS A DIFFERENT SCHOOL?
WHAT ARE DIVISIONS?
Players must be five as the start of the season.
1st grade Coed
2nd grade Coed
C Girls Division
|C3 Boys Division||
|C4 Boys Division||
B Girls Division
B5 Boys Division
|B5 Boys Division||
Note: Fairfax County allows some overlap for school registration in August/September.
For summer recreational basketball, we will not have Mini Dribblers nor high school divisions. Additionally, some of the above divisions may be combined.
HOW DO I VERIFY THAT MY CHILD IS REGISTERED?
HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT TEAM MY CHILD IS ON?
WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?
HOW MANY PRACTICES IS MY CHILD EXPECTED TO ATTEND?
- Mini Dribblers, will participate in age specific training sessions on Saturday mornings.
- All other grades will practice two days a week until the games begin January 6th, 2018. Once games begin, teams will practice one day a week and will generally have one game on the weekend.
- For the summer recreational season, there will be only one practice (if space allows) prior to the beginning of the season. Once games starts, there will not be any more practices.
WILL I BE GUARANTEED DAY(S) AND TIMES FOR MY CHILD’S PRACTICE?
WHEN WILL I KNOW ABOUT PRACTICE SCHEDULE TIME AND PLACE?
Insofar as the summer recreational season is concerned, there will be only one practice as space allows prior to the beginning of the season. Once games start, there will not be any more practices.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES MY CHILD NEED TO PLAY BASKETBALL?
- Uniform – the league provides a jersey, The jersey must be returned at the end of the season.
- Non black bottom tennis shoes
WHEN ARE GAMES USUALLY PLAYED?
For the summer recreational season, games will be played on weeknights. We hope to limit the number of games played on Mondays.
WILL THERE EVER BE GAMES SCHEDULED ON SUNDAYS?
For the summer recreational season, there will be no weekend games.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A GAME IS CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER?
HOW DO I GET A REFUND?
Comments are closed.