HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR RECREATIONAL SOCCER?
DO I NEED TO REGISTER EARLY?
DOES LMVSC OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
|Pre K||$35.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|Kindergarten||$35.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|1st Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|2nd Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|3rd Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|4th Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|5th Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|6th Grade||$45.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|7th/8th Grade||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
|HS Age Groups||$50.00 plus $8.00 County Fees|
- Siblings: More than one child shall pay $20.00 plus $8.00 County Fees per additional child per family.
- Submitting Financial Aid Documents: If applying for the reduced scholarship fee, when registering online please select the “Apply for Financial Aid” payment option, then scan or take a picture of accepted documents (Current Free/Reduced Lunch Letter or Medicaid Card) and send them via email to Jessie Gore, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the email the following information: (1) Full Names of the children in which you are applying for scholarships; (2) Name of the program that your children are registered for.
- Payment: Once your child has been approved for the reduced scholarship fee, you can log into your account and pay via credit card. All checks and Money Orders must be made out to: “LMVSC” and sent to the club’s mailing address: P.O. Box 10202, Alexandria, VA 22310
DOES LMVSC OFFER ANY OTHER DISCOUNTS?
Please note that the LMVSC Recreational Soccer “Family Max” does NOT apply to the LMVSC Instructional Developmental Programs: Soccer Tots (3 Year Olds), Junior Academy Program, Camps and other types of optional programs.
This $240 does not include the $8.00 per player In-County Application fee ($38.00 Out-of-County Application Fee).
WHICH DIVISIONS ARE CO-ED?
HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE TO START PLAYING SOCCER?
Children who have not yet turned 4 years old may be eligible for the LMVSC Soccer Tots Program, which is for boys & girls who are 3 years old.
MY CHILD HAS NEVER PLAYED SOCCER BEFORE CAN MY CHILD STILL JOIN?
ARE CHILDREN PLACED ON A TEAM BASED ON THEIR AGE OR GRADE?
Players are placed on teams based on school grade for Kindergarten through 8th.
In the high school age groups, teams are formed based on the players’ birth year. These teams play in the Suburban Friendship League (an outside organization) that uses birth year to make age group divisions.
For school grade:
– Players who have been accelerated in school (ex: should be in 2nd grade, but have been moved up to 3rd grade) may play with their current school grade, OR with the school grade that is appropriate for their age.
– Players who are older (ex: have been held back in school) should play in the division appropriate for their age.
Such requests and this type of information should be noted in the SPECIAL REQUESTS box during player registration.
WHAT IF I WANT MY CHILD TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS OR WITH A CERTAIN COACH?
WHAT IF MY CHILD ATTENDS A DIFFERENT SCHOOL?
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT DIVISIONS?
- Kindergarten Soccer
- 1st Grade Soccer
- 2nd Grade Soccer
- 3rd Grade Soccer
- 4th Grade Soccer
- 5th Grade Soccer
- 6th Grade Soccer
- 7th Grade Soccer
- 8th Grade Soccer
- In the High School age groups, teams are formed and games are scheduled by the players’ birth year.
HOW DO I VERIFY THAT MY CHILD IS REGISTERED?
If you registered via the postal service, you will receive an email from your child’s coach on or after the scheduled coach’s meeting for all Divisions. Please view the Club’s Calendar schedule HERE for the date of the coach’s meeting and allow 5-6 days after the meeting for your child’s coach to contact you.
HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT TEAM MY CHILD IS ON?
WHEN WILL I HEAR FROM MY CHILD'S COACH?
WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?
For the Fall 2023 season:
- Team practices may start August 28
- 1st Games – September 9
HOW MANY PRACTICES IS MY CHILD EXPECTED TO ATTEND?
CAN I SEE THE SCHEDULE BEFORE SIGNING UP? AND WILL THERE BE SUNDAYS GAMES?
Sunday Games: Games are scheduled on Saturdays predominately. Unless there is an odd number of teams in a age group division or weather-related cancellations. Those games have to be played on Sundays. Typically there would never be more than two Sunday games and they will never be scheduled before 12:00 PM
WILL I BE GUARANTEED DAY(S) AND TIMES FOR MY CHILD’S PRACTICE?
WHEN WILL I KNOW ABOUT PRACTICE SCHEDULE TIME AND PLACE?
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES MY CHILD NEED TO PLAY SOCCER?
- Uniform – the league provides a jersey, shorts and socks. The jersey and shorts must be returned at the end of the season. If they are not returned, a payment of $40.00 must be made for lost jersey and shorts.
- Shin guards are required for all soccer players.
- Cleats/shoes – your child will also need soccer cleats or turf shoes. Shoes with a cleat at the front are not permitted.
- Soccer Ball – we strongly recommend all players have their own ball.
- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders use a size 3 ball.
- 3rd/4th/5th/6th graders use a size 4 ball.
- 7th graders and above use a size 5 ball.
WHEN ARE GAMES USUALLY PLAYED?
Comments are closed.