Code of Conduct for Players and Coaches
In order to foster a sense of Good Sportsmanship, LMVSC has developed a code of conduct for Coaches, Parents/Spectators, and Players. It is important for each of these groups to read and understand the content and intent of the code. Players will, of course, need to have the coach explain the elements of the code to them. Only by understanding the basic elements of good sportsmanship, will the game be enjoyable for all who participate in this sport.
- Know the rules to the best of your ability and abide by them.
- Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decisions or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful, or abusive manner.
- Ensure that the players and spectators follow all building and facility rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the fans of your team conduct themselves with sportsmanship and maturity at all times while in attendance at game sites; assist game officials in maintaining control of spectators during the games.
- Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team both during the play of the game and at its conclusion, win or lose.
- Teach each player, especially through personal example, to be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
- Maintain control of your emotions and avoid actions, language and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile and humiliating.
- Instruct team support personnel (e.g., assistant coaches, scorekeepers, and timekeepers) in their responsibilities in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Do not consume or allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages at LMVSC activities or be in an inebriated state during practices, games or in the presence of players.
- Never encourage or make light of the subject of substance abuse.
- Never smoke or use tobacco products in front of players during practices or games.
- I will ensure that I set a proper example for team members and spectators.
- I will show respect for officials. I will refrain from questioning official decisions, especially in a disrespectful or abusive manner. Players are to refrain from addressing officials or commenting on their decisions.
- I will show respect for the coaches and players of the opposing team and demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game. Both will maintain control of their emotions and refrain from using abusive language or profanity, humiliating remarks, and/or gestures of ill temper, or physical assault upon another player.
- Both will follow all facility rules and regulations, respecting the property of others.
Comments are closed.