Code of Conduct for Spectators
In order to foster a sense of Good Sportsmanship, LMVSC has developed a code of conduct for Coaches, Parents/Spectators, and Players. It is important for each of these groups to read and understand the content and intent of the code. Only by understanding the basic elements of good sportsmanship, will the game be enjoyable for all who participate in this sport.
- I will ensure that my conduct shall reflect sportsmanship, good citizenship, and a positive example for the players.
- I will show respect to home and visiting coaches before, during and after games.
- I will show respect for officials and refrain from questioning decisions.
- I will cheer my child’s team in a positive, supportive manner, refraining at all times from making hostile, negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team or the players.
- I will follow field/facility rules and regulations, respecting at all time the property of others.
- I will demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game, win, lose or draw.
- I will be responsible for ensuring that their children do not violate these codes.
- I will show respect for the Rules of the Game.
- I will behave professionally toward a coach, a player, another spectator or an official, both publicly and privately when engaging in conflict resolution.
- I will refrain from using abusive language, profanity, humiliating remarks. I will maintain control of emotions and and/or gestures of ill temper, or physical assault towards a player, a coach, another spectator or an official.
Comments are closed.