Improve basketball skills in a competitive environment.
Travel Basketball Tryouts
Tryouts will begin on or after October 1, 2019. Throughout September, our travel basketball coaches will be running Open Gyms, during which players will have the opportunity to work out with players who may or may not be trying out for the same team. We recommend that players come to as many Open Gyms as possible.
All players should register before coming to Open Gym and/or Tryouts. Registration is free. Players should only register once, no matter how may Open Gym sessions or tryouts they attend.
Information about Open Gym sessions and Tryouts can be found here.
Travel Basketball Overview
LMVSC Travel Basketball is offered to players looking to develop higher level basketball skills in a competitive environment. LMVSC gives players with an advanced skill level the chance to participate in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL). Participation in travel basketball is limited primarily to the winter season.
The travel program requires a greater time commitment from participants for practices and games. Teams typically practice twice a week with 1-2 games per week. Games are generally played at local Fairfax County schools with minimal games in Arlington and Loudon.
The Winter 2019-20 travel season starts in late November and ends in early March. Tryouts will begin on October 1st and practices will start shortly after the teams have been selected. If you’d like more information, you can contact Annemarie McGavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current List of Teams for Winter 2019 / 2020 Season
See below for the tryout schedule. Your player is not required to attend all sessions, but is encouraged to attend as many as possible. No player can be placed unless he or she has completed our Open Gym/Tryout registration and has attended a tryout. If your player is unable to attend tryouts, please contact Annemarie McGavin at email@example.com to see if we can make alternative arrangements.
Your player may try out for any team for which he or she is eligible. Players are permitted to play “up” in travel. This means 4th graders can try out for 5th, 5th graders can try out for 6th, etc. Your player can try out for multiple teams if he or she is eligible. Please note that your registration for the Open Gym sessions will also serve as a registration for tryouts. No need to register again.
Additional tryout sessions will be added on an as-needed basis. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Annemarie McGavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th Grade Boys:
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 730-845, Mark Twain 2
- Monday, October 7th, 730-845, Mark Twain 2
- Wednesday, October 9th, 730-845, Mark Twain 2
7th Grade Boys:
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 730-845, Lane ES
- Friday, October 4th, 715-845, Mark Twain 2
- Thursday, October 10th, 730-9, Rose Hill ES
7th Grade Girls:
- Tuesday, October 1st, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Friday, October 4th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Monday, October 7th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Thursday, October 10th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES – JUST ADDED
- Tuesday, October 15th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES – JUST ADDED
6th Grade Boys:
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 645-8, Bush Hill ES
- Friday, October 4th, 545-715, Mark Twain 2
- Tuesday, October 8th, 730-9, Rose Hill ES
6th Grade Girls
- Thursday, October 3rd, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Tuesday, October 8th, 6-730, Rose Hill
- Friday, October 11th, 645-8, Bush Hill ES
5th Grade Boys
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Tuesday, October 8th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
- Wednesday, October 9th, 530-645, Bush Hill ES
5th Grade Girls
- Tuesday, October 1st, 6-730, Rose Hill ES
- Thursday, October 3rd, 6-730, Rose Hill ES
- Friday, October 4th, 645-8, Bush Hill ES
NOTE: This rule eliminates all scheduling requests be they from HS coaches, coaches with multiple teams, and religious request.
GAME TIME LIMITS
NOTE: This rule moves game format to Virginia HS format. Time between quarters is one-minute.
- Players on teams sponsored by organizations located in counties outside of Fairfax County that have been approved for play in the FCYBL by the FCYBC. These players must reside in the same county as the member club county, e.g. Prince William residents may play for Prince William County member clubs.
- A player residing under shared custody is eligible to play for the member club when one parent resides in the same county or city as the member club.
NOTE: This rule clarifies that players must play for the clubs in the county in which they reside.
HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS INELIGIBLE FOR FCYBL
NOTE: This rule clarifies that players cannot play for FCYBL while on a high-school level team (e.g. 8th graders playing for a JV team).
Travel Basketball Links
Child Sign Up
The above amounts do not include County Fees. County fees shall be charged to all players.
More than one child shall pay $10.00 plus County Fees per additional child per family.
Please note that families will still be responsible for County use fees, uniform fees, and fees incurred by individual teams for activities outside of FCYBL.
To apply for a scholarship, please complete this form and forward to Jessie Gore at email@example.com. You will also be required to provide proof of free-or-reduced lunch and/or a Medicaid card.