8th Grade Girls Team
The skill level is geared for those looking for a more competitive environment than Rec.
During the winter season, the team will practice twice a week and play close to 20 games during the winter; regular season and tournaments. The season runs from early October through early March and we will play in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL).
Players are encourage to attend all tryout sessions to ensure all players can be fully assessed.
- Friday, October 1st at Mark Twain Gym 2, 730-845.
- Wednesday, October 6th at Mark Twain Gym 2, 730-845.
- Friday, October 15th at Mark Twain Gym 2, 730-845 – NEW DATE.
WHAT SHOULD MY PLAYER BRING TO TRYOUTS?
First, no one should attend Open Gym or Tryouts unless she has registered here. Once a player has registered to attend Open Gym or Tryouts, she is registered for all Open Gym/Tryout Sessions. Second, before attending any Tryout or Open Gym session, each player must have completed an electronic COVID Pre-Screening Form, located here: COVID Pre-Screening Form. Items to bring:
- A mask for your player for when she enters the gym and when resting on the sideline.
- A basketball if she has one. Please make sure the player’s name is on the basketball.