Improve basketball skills in a competitive environment
LMVSC Travel Basketball is offered to players looking to develop higher level basketball skills in a competitive environment. LMVSC gives players with an advanced skill level the chance to participate in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL). Participation in travel basketball is limited primarily to the winter season.
The travel program requires a greater time commitment from participants for practices and games. Teams typically practice twice a week with 1-2 games per week. Games are generally played at local Fairfax County schools with minimal games in Arlington and Loudoun County.
The travel season typically starts in late November and ends in early March. At this time we assume that the upcoming 2021-22 season will be held as it has been prior to COVID with the same approximate dates. The Open Gym schedule is listed below. Open Gyms are basketball sessions run by our travel coaches prior to tryouts. During these sessions, the players will run through drills and play in scrimmages as determined by the relevant coaches. The purpose of Open Gym is to familiarize the players with the coaches and to get the players ready for tryouts. Tryouts will officially start in October.
Prior to attending Open Gym or Tryouts, you must register your player here. Additionally, your player must be pre-screened for COVID prior to attending each Open Gym and Tryout. If you’d like more information, you can contact Annemarie McGavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current List of Team for 2021-2022 Winter Season
Head Coach: Matt Davis
Head Coach: Chris Carter
Head Coach: Gary Beisner
Assistant(s): Stephen Chan
Head Coach: James Bosley
Assistants: Rob Philips
Head Coach: Michael Day
Head Coach: Keith Breland
Assistant: Sean Marsh
Head Coach: Tim Stewart
Assistants: Dave Brown and Oris Younger
Head Coach: Eric Henderson
Assistant: Matt Davis
OPEN GYM SESSIONS
5th Grade Boys – Open to 4th and 5th Grade Boys (Coach Matt Davis)
- Tues/Thurs at Rose Hill ES, 6-730 on September 14th, 16th, 21st, 23rd, 28th and 30th
5th Grade Girls – Open to 4th and 5th Grade Girls (Coach Chris Carter)
- Wednesdays at Lane ES, 6-730 on September 15th, 22nd and 29th.
- Fridays at Bush Hill ES, 6-730 on September 17th and 24th.
6th Grade Boys – Open to 5th and 6th Grade Boys (Coach Gary Beisner)
- Thursdays at Cameron ES, 7-9 on September 16th.
7th Grade Boys – Open to 6th and 7th Grade Boys (Coaches Bosley and Day)
- Tuesdays at Cameron ES, 7-9 on September 14th, 21st and 28th.
- Thursdays at Whitman MS Gym 2, 6-730 on September 16th and 23rd.
7th Grade Girls – Open to 6th and 7th Grade Girls (Coach Breland)
- Mondays/Tuesdays at Bush Hill ES, 6-8 on September 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th.
8th Grade Boys – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Boys (Coaches Stewart and Brown)
- Tuesdays at Rose Hill ES, 730-9 on September 14th, 21st and 28th.
- Fridays at Mark Twain Gym #2, 715-845 on September 17th and 24th.
8th Grade Girls – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Girls (Coach Henderson)
- Mondays/Wednesdays at Mark Twain Gym #2, 715-845 on September 13th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th and 29th.
WHAT SHOULD MY PLAYER BRING TO OPEN GYM?
- A mask for your player for when he or she enters the gym and when resting on the sideline.
- A basketball if he or she has one. Please make sure the player’s name is on the basketball.
Comments are closed.