Improve basketball skills in a competitive environment
LMVSC Travel Basketball is offered to players looking to develop higher level basketball skills in a competitive environment. LMVSC gives players with an advanced skill level the chance to participate in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL). Participation in travel basketball is limited primarily to the winter season.
The travel program requires a greater time commitment from participants for practices and games. Teams typically practice twice a week with 1-2 games per week. Games are generally played at local Fairfax County schools with minimal games in Arlington and Loudoun County.
The travel season typically starts in late November and ends in early March. At this time we assume that the upcoming 2021-22 season will be held as it has been prior to COVID with the same approximate dates. The Open Gym schedule is listed below. Open Gyms are basketball sessions run by our travel coaches prior to tryouts. During these sessions, the players will run through drills and play in scrimmages as determined by the relevant coaches. The purpose of Open Gym is to familiarize the players with the coaches and to get the players ready for tryouts. Tryouts will officially start in October.
Prior to attending Open Gym or Tryouts, you must register your player here. Additionally, your player must be pre-screened for COVID prior to attending each Open Gym and Tryout. If you’d like more information, you can contact Annemarie McGavin at email@example.com.
Current List of Team for 2021-2022 Winter Season
Head Coach: Matt Davis
Head Coach: Gary Beisner
Assistant(s): Stephen Chan
Head Coach: Donald Thomas
Head Coach: James Bosley
Assistants: Rob Philips
Head Coach: Michael Day
Head Coach: Keith Breland
Assistant: Sean Marsh
Head Coach: Tim Stewart
Assistants: Dave Brown and Oris Younger
Head Coach: Eric Henderson
Assistant: Matt Davis
OPEN GYM SESSIONS/TRYOUT DATES
5th Grade Boys – Open to 4th and 5th Grade Boys (Coach Matt Davis)
- Wednesday, October 6th at Bush Hill ES, 6-730.
- Tuesday, October 12th at Rose Hill ES, 6-730.
- Thursday, October 14th at Rose Hill ES, 6-730.
6th Grade Boys – Open to 5th and 6th Grade Boys (Coach Gary Beisner)
- Monday, October 4th at Hollin Meadows, 6-730
- Wednesday, October 6th at Lane ES, 6-730
- Monday, October 11th at Mark Twain Gym #2, 730-845
6th Grade Girls – Open to 5th and 6th Grade Girls (Coach Donald Thomas)
- Wednesday at Bush Hill ES, 6-8 on October 13th.
7th Grade Boys – Open to 6th and 7th Grade Boys (Coaches Bosley and Day)
- Monday, October 4th, 730-845 at Mark Twain Gym 2.
- Wednesday, October 6th, 730-9 at Lane ES.
- Tuesday, October 12th, 715-845 at Cameron ES.
7th Grade Girls – Open to 6th and 7th Grade Girls (Coach Breland)
- Monday, October 4th, 6-730 at Bush Hill ES.
- Tuesday, October 5th, 6-730 at Bush Hill ES.
- Tuesday, October 12th, 6-730 at Bush Hill ES.
8th Grade Boys – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Boys (Coach Stewart)
- Thursday, October 7th, 730-9 at Rose Hill ES
- Tuesday, October 12th, 730-9 at Rose Hill ES
- Wednesday, October 13th, at 730-845 at Mark Twain Gym #2
8th Grade Girls – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Girls (Coach Henderson)
- Friday, October 1st, 730-845 at Mark Twain Gym #2
- Wednesday, October 6th, 730-845 at Mark Twain Gym #2
- Friday, October 15th, 730-845 at Mark Twain Gym #2 – NEW DATE
WHAT SHOULD MY PLAYER BRING TO OPEN GYM AND TRYOUTS?
First, no one should attend Open Gym or Tryouts unless he or she has registered here. Once a player has registered to attend Open Gym or Tryouts, he is registered for all Open Gym/Tryout Sessions. Second, before attending any Tryout or Open Gym session, each player must have completed an electronic COVID Pre-Screening Form, located here: COVID Pre-Screening Form.
- A mask for your player for when he or she enters the gym and when resting on the sideline.
- A basketball if he or she has one. Please make sure the player’s name is on the basketball.
Comments are closed.