Improve basketball skills in a competitive environment
LMVSC Travel Basketball is offered to players looking to develop higher level basketball skills in a competitive environment. LMVSC gives players with an advanced skill level the chance to participate in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL). Participation in travel basketball is limited primarily to the winter season.
The travel program requires a greater time commitment from participants for practices and games. Teams typically practice twice a week with 1-2 games per week. Games are generally played at local Fairfax County schools with some games in Arlington and Loudoun County.
Practices start towards the end of October, while games typically start in late November and end in early March. Open Gyms will start on or after September 6, 2022. The schedule can be found below once it has been finalized. Open Gyms are basketball sessions run by our travel coaches prior to tryouts. During these sessions, the players will run through drills and play in scrimmages as determined by the relevant coaches. The purpose of Open Gym is to familiarize the players with the coaches and to get the players ready for tryouts. Tryouts will officially start on or around October 4, 2022.
Prior to attending Open Gym or Tryouts, you must register your player. Registration will be available no later than September 1, 2022. Once you register to attend Open Gyms, you will not have to register separately for tryouts. Attending Open Gym does not obligate your player to attend tryouts. It is during the Open Gym period that your player may decide whether or not to tryout for the applicable travel team. If you’d like more information, you can contact Annemarie McGavin at email@example.com.
Current List of Teams for 2022-2023 Winter Season
Head Coach: Paul Black
Head Coach: Trenton Allen
Assistant Coach: TBD
Head Coach: Matt Davis
Head Coach: Luke Tickner
Head Coach: Gary Beisner
Assistant: Steve Chan
Head Coach: James Bosley
Head Coach: Eric Henderson
Head Coach: Keith Breland
OPEN GYM SESSIONS/TRYOUT DATES
5th Grade Boys – Open to 4th and 5th Grade Boys (Coach Paul Black)
- Tuesday, Oct. 4th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Thursday, Oct. 6th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Tuesday, Oct. 11th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
5th Grade Girls – Open to 4th and 5th Grade Girls (Coach Trenton Allen)
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Friday, Oct. 7th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Monday, Oct. 10th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
6th Grade Boys – Open to 5th and 6th Grade Boys (Coaches Matt Davis and Luke Tickner)
- Thursday, Oct. 6th, Rose Hill ES, 6-730
- Thursday, Oct. 13th, Rose Hill ES, 6-730
- Tuesday, Oct. 18th, Rose Hill ES, 730-9
7th Grade Boys – Open to 6th and 7th Grade Boys (Coach Gary Beisner)
- Monday, Oct. 3rd, Mark Twain MS Gym 2, 730-9
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th, Lane ES, 730-9
- Monday, Oct. 10th, Mark Twain MS Gym 2, 730-9
8th Grade Boys – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Boys (Coaches James Bosley and Eric Henderson)
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th, Mark Twain MS Gym 2, 730-9
- Friday, Oct. 7th, Mark Twain MS Gym 2, 730-9
- Wednesday, Oct. 12th, Mark Twain MS Gym 2, 730-9
8th Grade Girls – Open to 7th and 8th Grade Girls (Coach Keith Breland)
- Monday, Oct. 3rd, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Wednesday, Oct. 12th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
- Monday, Oct. 17th, Bush Hill ES, 6-730
WHAT SHOULD MY PLAYER BRING TO OPEN GYM AND TRYOUTS?
No one should attend Open Gym or Tryouts unless he or she has registered. Once a player has registered to attend Open Gym or Tryouts, he or she is registered for all Open Gym/Tryout Sessions.
- A basketball if he or she has one. Please make sure the player’s name is on the basketball.
Comments are closed.